Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Meat Pie Mania

Christmas Eve day and Christmas we made A LOT of meat pies! I would guess at least 5 dozen! This will last us a few dinners and make my life easier when I can't think of anything to cook (or don't want to!) When Chris and I were "hanging out" (some people called it "dating"), we would eat these for dinner sometimes. This assisted me with growing in love with Chris!!!
Meat pies consist of a yummy, somewhat flaky crust/shell stuffed with ground beef, sausage, onion, green pepper, green onion and cajun spices. There is probably more in it, but Chris made the meat and I made the crust! It tastes excellent dipped in ketchup. Chris wanted me to document Cadence's first meat pie. There is she pressing the dough together after putting the meat inside.

The finished product! A sweet miniature meat pie! Just Cadence's size!!!

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

I've never had one, but they sound delicious!