Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cooper's First Birthday

July 8th was Cooper's first birthday. What a big birthday boy!!! The day was just a normal day with some dollar store presents to open and a cake. Some days I feel like a pathetic mom because most things are just plain and simple. No big party for this cute little guy. After I finished painting Cadence's closet (notice paint on my face and clothes), I wrapped Cooper's presents. He unwrapped them in a most unusual way - with his teeth, biting them. Yes, everything is still going in his mouth!!!!
Cadence wanted to assist in unwrapping presents too! He was nice to share that opportunity! He also thought all of us should enjoy putting wrapping paper in our mouths. Silly guy!
He got a beach ball, cars, a floatie in which to sit, and a mylar balloon with a dog on it. He kept giving it kisses!!!! Next came the adventure of the cake. We decided to get a big cake and let him have a piece instead of the whole thing. We shared the cake with the whole family and Tangi and her family (they happened to stop by during presents.) Cooper was excited to dig in. Dad assisted him in blowing the candle out. He just wanted to grab it!
I cut a piece of cake. Put it in front of him! He looked at it! Dipped one finger in and tasted! YUMMY!!!!
Liking it, Cooper went for a big handful. Even tastier!!!
Next bite, he attempted to shove half of the cake in his mouth!!! "Oh, I just love getting frosting EVERYWHERE!!! I think it looks especially nice as a beard."
"I've also heard it is good for the hair. I'll smear it in there just for fun!"
"Now it is your turn! May I give you a beard and some frosting conditioner for your hair?"Happy Birthday Cooper! I've loved having you in my life for the past year. We hope you have many more amazing learning years with us!!!! We love you!

5 comments:

Tara Bergsjo said...

That is so crazy that he is already 1!! He is such a fun boy! I love playing with the little guy!! Happy Birthday Cooper!!!

Aaron and crystal said...

has it really been a whole year since that fateful day when you came to jump on my trampoline? I can't believe it. Cooper is such a handsome little guy!!!!

Kylee said...

Happy Birthday Cooper! What a CUTE little boy. We're going to miss your darling little family!

Tiffany said...

You are anything but pathetic. Your kids are so lucky to have such a great mom. Happy Birthday Cooper. You are such a cutie!

Mick and Tiff said...

That is so funny that he used his mouth to unwrap presents. HA HA HA!! Happy Birthday to both those cute kids of yours. Is life getting back to normal in your neighborhood yet? That still makes me feel so sad.