Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Flood And Chris on TV

If you haven't heard or seen the news, "the Island" (our neighborhood) was flooded today (Saturday, July 11) from the canal above Canyon Road breaking. Crockett Ave was a river and a few people in our ward had their basements flooded. The river started down our road on 200 N., but found ways to the other canal across the street from us before it got to our house. We are grateful we weren't flooded!!!! We were out assisting all day! Here is the link to KSL news. Click on the video to watch Chris. He was interviewed as we were reporting/assessing damages of the houses in our ward. He also was quoted in the article. What a crazy day!!! More pictures to come later!
Here are some pictures from CacheValleyDaily.com. That truck is Chris' truck. Cooper and I are in the pictures of a neighbors garage.

9 comments:

Kim said...

My mom called me last night and was like "Are you watching the news?" I wasn't and immediately thought the worse. She then told me that she saw your husband on the news last night and there was a mudslide in Logan. I'm glad your home was okay and that you didn't have to experience the damage that others did...but sad for the other people in your ward.

Kristina P. said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't realize that was your neighborhood. I saw it on the news last night.

I hope everyone is OK!

Camille said...

Whoa! I heard all the sirens when I was on campus for the relay for life, but I had no idea what was going on! I am so glad you guys are ok!

Katey said...

Wow, that is crazy stuff. Lucky for you that you didn't get flooded!

Jen said...

That is so scary, glad you guys are okay.

Jessica Trinkella said...

Hey! We had to put our blog on a private setting so email me at jessasht@gmail.com and I'll add you.

Mary Lampros said...

Wow, how terrible...I'm so glad your home is okay, and that you were able to help. Good job on TV, Chris: you're a natural!

highdeekay said...

I wondered if you got flooded. So glad you and your house are ok! Crazy, frightening stuff.

jbuppin said...

Crazy! Glad you all survived and faired better than others. What a blessing for your neighbors to have good neighbors like yourself to help out. I saw Chris on channel 5 (I knew him in the USU 26th Ward years ago). I wish you the best with the remaining cleanup, etc. My prayers go out to the family of those who lost their lives in the flood/mudslide.