Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Mom, I want to Take A Picture!"

Cadence loves to take pictures with my camera. She's figured out how to turn the camera on and what button to push to take the picture. OFTEN, she will say, "Mom, I want to take a picture!" Then she will grab my camera and attempt to take an .....interesting picture. Her favorite subject to photograph is the lovely ME!!! These are a couple of pictures she has taken of me.


This is so ironic that I choose to write about this because as we were at the store today, she saw a toy camera and fell in love with it. She took pictures of everything as we walked around the store - people, towels, Halloween decorations, the floor. Other shoppers were laughung when she would say, "Smile. I'm taking a picture." Unfortunately, I was thinking about splurging and buying it for her, but there was no bar code and it was the only camera in the clearance that I could find. I took it to the cash register and they sold it to me for $1. Wahoo! She loves that there is a light/flash that goes on when she takes a picture! Now, she won't need to use my camera any more!!!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Was that camera at Wal-Mart?? Bridget and I were there the other day and she saw it... but like you said, no price tag. Haha! I made her put it back. I told her we'd look for one that was on sale and that had a price. Then she forgot about it. You're a much nicer mom. And $1 is a great deal!

Annie said...

This is so funny because Avie is the exact same way. I have a bunch of pictures of me that she's taken and yesterday for some reason she wanted to take all these close-ups of my hair. Funny.

The best part of your story is that you got her her own camera for $1. We actually bought Avie a kid's camera for her birthday in May (because she's been into this camera thing for a while) and it was a total waste of money. She liked it for a minute, but it just doesn't take as good of pictures and the picture viewer isn't big enough for her.

I was just saying to my husband yesterday that it's a bummer when you take a risk on a present like that and it tanks. She'd prefer the real thing anyday. So, you've got the best of both worlds: maybe she'll love the kid camera . . . and if not, no big deal . . . you're out $1! :)

Tara Bergsjo said...

That is so cute! Nicole loves taking pictures. Her birthday is on Saturday and she has asked for her own digital camera!

Jacqui said...

This is so funny. Braxton loves the camera. I too have some great pictures of myself. I'm thinking Christmas will be a great opportunity to get him one of his own...so he doesn't break ours.