Sunday, November 9, 2008

Monkeys Jumping On The Bed

This weekend Chris staffed the Ropes Course for Impact Trainings. He LOVES to staff Ropes and got to facilitate "The Perch." Needless to say, he is on a natural high since coming home.
While he was at Ropes, we played at Grammy's house! Cadence LOVES Grammy and her house!

One of her favorite activities is jumping off Grammy's high bed. This trip was no exception. A couple of months ago, Cadence found my wanna-be cabbage patch doll from when I was little. Cadence enjoys dragging this special doll around by her hair. She also gave her a very fitting name, Kurtis. Yes, the doll's name is Kurtis and is named after Bro. Kurtis Williams from our ward bishopric. If you know Kurtis, tell him the doll looks just like him.Cadence is a jumper. She jumps on tramps, beds, couches, floors, in leaves, etc. I often chant "Little Monkey Jumping on the Bed" when she is being a crazy jumper. Her are the two monkeys (Cadence and Kurtis) jumping on the bed and preparing for take-off.
She throws Kurtis off first.
Then she leans into the air with a huge smile.
And dives/falls. Superman. (Don't you just love the hair?)
Cadence can jump for an hour, squealing with delight and excitement the whole time. I'm glad she has a friend like Kurtis to participate with her. It is only a matter of time before another little monkey (Cooper) starts to jump off the bed with her!!! But for now, Grammy and Cooper just lightly bounce and laugh with/at the crazy monkey named Cadence!!!!

3 comments:

Jessica Trinkella said...

Your kids are adorable! I love them! I'm sad that I'm leaving, but it's what needs to be done! I'm going to miss you! You have been a wonderful friend!

Tina said...

Love the Kurtis doll! That's great!
I don't know what it is with kids and jumping into big piles of pillows and blankets, but they all seem to love it.
It was fun to see you at the Cheese Factory yesterday, Bridget talked about it all the way home.

Camille said...

I had a wannabe Cabbage Patch too! I still have it! And Tressa's! I love your kids, and you and Chris. Yay for cool friends!