I got a call in the morning from our downstairs tenant, Miranda, telling us that the smaller bedrooms' carpet was wet. Yep, there was so much rain that it filled up this small window well and flooded one room in the basement!!! We got to pull out the carpet and pad to let it dry and cut out some sheetrock in the wall to see if the insulation was wet (it wasn't really!)
This is just what we needed. One more project to do on top of everything else. Luckily, the carpet and pad dried within the week and we were able to reinstall it without too much trouble. We will fix the drywall in a little while. I'm grateful for downstairs neighbors who are easy to work with!!!