Friday, May 8, 2009

Our Jumping Life!!!

The weather has finally been good enough to allow us to jump almost everyday in May. After breakfast, Cadence wants to jump. A few ago, we would jump for a few (3 or more) hours everyday. Now we only jump for about 2 hours a day. Of course, the time is split up into smaller chunks. We have drink breaks, potty breaks, go to the park breaks, eat a treat break, etc.
Cadence LOVES the trampoline! She loves all the balls on it! She kicks them around, bounces them, sits on them, etc. The best thing is that they stay on due to the net! She likes it when I sing this song I made up that tells whoever is jumping what locomotor skill they should do (jump, hop, walk, run, swim, twist, kick the balls, etc.) She likes to fall on her bottom and bounce back up.
Cooper just tolerates the trampoline. If I am on it holding him, then he likes it. Someday, he will enjoy it more.
I am grateful for the net. It is such a relief that I don't have to be right next to it every minute making sure that Cadence doesn't jump off (or constantly throwing the balls back on). I also can leave Cooper on the tramp and run to the house to get something or do something in the garden withouth him crawl off. I think I would worry too much. I don't know how my mom didn't worry when there were 5 or more kids going crazy on our trampoline when we were little.

Our life revolves around the trampoline and that is ok with me! The kids are active, safe, having fun and being creative. That's our jumping life story!!!

1 comment:

Aaron and crystal said...

I am jealous of your AWESOME trampoline. I wish that ous had not died.