Saturday, August 2, 2008

Getting Out and About

Wow! Adding another kid to the family definitely changes routines and the time it takes to accomplish tasks. I have a hard time getting out of the house before 11am in the morning (actually more like noon.)
It would be so easy to stay at home all day and watch "The Wiggles" or just let Cadence play around the house while I take care of Cooper and do daily chores, but that would drive us all crazy.

Taking two kids everywhere is a chore. Cadence loves to do her own thing in stores which makes me nervous to leave the house. She loves to run and hide or explore. I usually take Cooper in his car seat so if I need to put him down for a moment to do something with/for Cadence, I can. However, lugging a carseat around is a lot of work.

One of my goals is to get out of the house while Chris is at work at least 3 days a week. Play dates are one of our main activities. In the past 2 1/2 weeks, we have visited a few friends and played at parks or indoor playlands. I am still sane (I think). We are always up for playdates, but it probably need to be after 11am:) Let me know if you want to play.

While my mom was here, we took the kids to the Willow Park Zoo. I was so excited that the stroller I found at DI for $20 works well with a newborn.

Swinging on the swings at any park is one of Cadence's favorite activities. She says "I'm a dare devil" because she likes to go as high as I can push her. We go to the park probably every other day. I am grateful we live about 1/4 mile from two different parks.

Cadence and her friend Bridget at McDonald's Playland. Her mom, Tina is my friend from college. We have also visited Charles, Kaylee and Camille, her former babysitter. Many different friends have come over to see Cooper and play with Cadence.

Another place that Cadence loves to play is on the "Ice Cream" at the mall. There are 5 large cold treat, soft play type things that kids can climb all over. We have been there twice already. Cadence is laying on an ice cream sandwich!!!

Cadence sits on the cherry on top of either a cupcake or ice cream sundae. (I can't decide what it is.)

Though getting out of the house is not the easiest of tasks for me to do, it is important and necessary. If you see Cadence (or myself) having a meltdown in a store, please be kind and know that I am trying my best to be a good mom!!!

2 comments:

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Good job on the getting out...it's a lot of work but so needed for mom's sanity! I wish I was there to have a playdate...all my kids are in school but I'd still want to come play and hold that baby!

Tina said...

Glad we can be part of your getting out and about routine! Thanks for playing with us today. It was good to see you!