Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Joys of Painting

Cadence LOVES to watch TV and movies. I am not so much a fan of this activity. She wants to watch all the time. I think "only in moderation." Last week, when she kept begging to watch a movie, I got out the waterpaints. Oh, did she have fun!!!

I try to get her to paint on paper, but usually she just wants to paint her body - especially her fingers. Sometimes I indulge and allow her to do so. Sometimes, she just sneaks it in! Silly girl!

This time, she started painting Cooper. He's big enough to want to paint. He grabbed brushes, put them in his mouth, bent them, etc. Cadence assisted in making him look like a crazy man!
Cadence painted her whole look. She wouldn't allow me to touch her masterpiece. I painted eyebrows on Cooper to make him look even sillier. I think they work!
Cooper loved the water/paint going over his face. Big smiles!!! We washed most of Cadence's paint off, but left Cooper's on for the evening. I happened to be teaching a baby sign language class for enrichment and he came. A couple people asked what I did to my child. My response, "Teaching him to have fun."
What a cute painted pair!!!!

4 comments:

Tara Bergsjo said...

She is a wonderful artist!!

Mick and Tiff said...

That is so cute. I love how she painted her fingernails and some eyeshadow. She is going to be a make up artist when she gets big.

Party of Five said...

She wants to be s tatoo artist! Oh joy! tHEY ARE so cute!

Jacqui said...

This is awesome! You are such a great mom to let your kids learn and have fun...
I absolutely love the picture of Chris holding the kids at the doctor's office...that's great!