Monday, August 10, 2009

Taking Care Of Mom

Friday, the kids and I went to take care of my mom who is staying at my sister's house because she BROKE HER PELVIS AND RIBS!!!! She lost her footing while weeding, slid down a hill and went over a small wall. The fall broke her up pretty badly. I am always telling her "DO NOT FALL. DO NOT BREAK YOUR HIP." Luckily, she didn't break her hip, just her pelvis.

McKinley was having a birthday party up at their mountain property. They were going camping so we came to keep mom company and take care of anything she needed. Luckily, she can walk with the aid of a walker, but she is slow and it is painful. I didn't do much except make her food and run to the store to get some medicine. Unfortunately, the camping party got moved back to the house because it was supposed to rain. Cadence got to participate in a few of the activities with the older girls. She thought tie dye-ing socks was the coolest thing ever. She told everyone about them.Cadence also got to turn the homemade ice cream (which unfortunately didn't turn out). She loved spending all the time with her cousins. SHE LOVES HER COUSINS!!!!HOpefully, my mom's pelvis will heal quickly and she will be back to normal soon. It's been about two weeks and she says she is still in a lot of pain so only time will tell.

1 comment:

Tara Bergsjo said...

I am so sorry about your mom. I can only imagine how painful that is! I hope everything goes well with the recovery!!