Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fun At the County Fair

When the county fair is on, we take the kids the see the animals and have a lot of fun. Cadence is nervous of the bigger animals (cows, pigs, goats, sheep, etc.), but she like the little animals and birds (chickens, pigeons, rabbits). Cooper seems to have little fear of anything!!! When we arrived at the fair, Cooper had fallen asleep in the car. This is how the kids viewed the animals for the first part. Cadence awake and very nervous. Cooper asleep.
Cadence was even a little apprehensive of this cow - until I put her on it!!! Then she was SASSY!
When Cooper woke up, I took him back briefly to see some of the larger animals he missed. I try to teach him the signs for the animals in context. Perfect opportunity - better than a book. He signed cow, pig, horse, chicken/bird.
Cadence didn't want to get to close to anything big! Even the cute little pygmy goats made Cadence nervous!!! After we looked at the farm animals, we walked over to the rodeo and watched the horses riding around the arena. They were still warming up. Cadence got so excited everytime a rodeo princess or cowboy would wave at her. Of course, we had to drive quite a few tractors. Cadence steered. Cooper climbed all over!!!
We walked around the little tents for a few minutes and ate a funnel cake/elephant ear. Chris' former mission companion's family runs the funnel cake tent. YUMMY!!!
Lastly, but definitely not leastly, Cadence rode on a mini-coaster. I told her she could ride on one ride tonight to get her prepared for Lagoon. She was SO excited!!! This was her choice. Someone kept telling some other kids to put their hands up, so she did. She took them down when the ride started. At first, she seemed a little unsure, but by the end of the ride, she was smiling:)I need to figure out how to let Cadence and Cooper enter artwork or handicraft in the fair for next year. My niece does it in Idaho and is so proud of her ribbons. This year we didn't walk through the vegetable and crafts exhibits. I would have liked to, but it just didn't happen because Cadence was too excited to ride a ride!!!! See you next year fair! We love you!

3 comments:

Tara Bergsjo said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Ryan thought it was so cool he saw Cadence there!!

KimberLeigh said...

I haven't been up with the blogs for a month or so! Fun to catch up with your amazingness. I love Cadence's flag shirtdress. I want to get one for Rowan. She's 5 in November. So there's my order. :) I love you and your beautiful kids and family. --KimberLeigh

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Looks like so much fun!! Hey I think my brother Scott is moving his fiance(Shelley) and the kids in to the house this weekend! I am so excited they are in your ward and neighborhood!