Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Potty Paradise!

Miracles have happened in the last week! Most of them involve...the potty! Cadence was going to the potty (tee-tee) often for about 2 weeks when she was 21 months old. (That was 2 months ago.) Then one day she decided she was finished with the potty. I decided to try again with encouragement when we moved upstairs. She would go every once in a while and I was quite excited. Just this last week, she decided that she was a big girl. Two days ago (while on vacations), she kept telling me she needed to go big girl potty. She stayed dried ALL DAY until 10pm. Yesterday she only went tee-tee in her diaper once. Cadence has yet to show interest in going poop in the toilet. She likes to hide in a corner or go behind a couch, squat, grunt and poop. Well, today another miracle happened. When she tells me she needs to go big girl potty, she gets her diaper and pants off and runs around saying, "I'm naked. I'm naked." I let her keep her diaper off for about a half hour. Today after she went big girl potty, she was running around and being a crazy. She told me she needed to go potty again. I took her into the potty and she went...POOP!!! That's right! Cadence went POOP in the potty. I was celebrating and calling Grammy to come see the poop. I wanted to get a picture of her first poop for this blog, but Cadence flushed the potty and all the evidence of this miracle was lost. Needless to say, I am so proud of Cadence. I knew when she decided to be potty-trained that she would just do it. She is amazing. Today, while we were swimming, she told me she needed to go big girl potty. I rushed her out of the pool, into the restroom, got her wet swimsuit and swim diaper off and she went tee-tee in the potty! She is so capable and smart. I'm hoping that she is completely potty trained by the time the baby comes (2 1/2 weeks) and that she doesn't regress. Pray with me that this happens

5 comments:

Jennie said...

what a great story... and i am really bummed that i wasn't able to "see" the miracle!

lol! thanks!

Aaron and crystal said...

hoorah for Cadence!!!

Aaron and crystal said...

I know it says aaron and crystal, but this is actually Katie G on their computer.

Kim said...

YAY Cadence!! YAY Michelle!! That is quite an accomplishment for both of you. She's absolutely gorgeous - I can't wait to see what your boy looks like.

Jacqui said...

YEAH!! This is the thing I dread most with sweet little one. I'm thinking we'll be a winter trainer. Mom's too lazy. I'm praying with you guys on the regress part...and good luck with that new little baby. We can't wait to see pictures.
You need to hang that camera around your neck...so we don't miss anything.