Thursday, July 10, 2008

Coming Home 6 Months Pregnant!!!

The doctor gave me great news the morning after Cooper was born. She would release me if I wanted to go home early. Yahoo! Sitting in that hospital bed was driving me crazy. I wanted to be home with my husband and two kids!!! The pediatrician told me I neeeded to wait until Cooper was 24 hours old before he could be release due to a bilirubin test. Chris and I decided that right after the hospital staff took the test and got the results, we would go home. We checked out 26 hours after our Mini Cooper's life began and it was wonderful to be taking him home.


The bad news is that I brought home a new baby and I still LOOK SIX MONTHS PREGNANT!!! I gained about 37 lbs and only left 15-20 lbs lighter. Let's hope that I can lose the excess weight easily. If I look one month less pregnant every week from now on, that means I will be back to my old self in just 6 weeks. Sounds like a good goal!!!

6 comments:

Tina said...

So many cute pictures in the last few posts!! I want a new baby! So, so cute.
Glad you're home! Let me know when its safe to come visit the little Cooper Pooper! :)

Annie said...

You make me laugh. Welcome baby Cooper. What a beauty. Glad that labor and delivery were such a breeze. Love all the pictures. Best of luck as you all adjust to your new life. It's so much fun. Lots of love to you and yours . . .

Tori said...

Yes, that is my dad! To bad that I live on the "west" side and will not be in the "new district." Wow~ I am suprised that you know those things! Congrats on the new baby. I would love to get together some time. It seems like you are doing so well~

Eden said...

Congrats Disco! Wow. A mother of two gorgeous kids. What a blessing. We missed you at the Oakcrest reunion, but glad that things are going well for you.

Love,
Poppy

Liz said...

I just remembered today that I needed to look at your blog. I'm so glad I did! Cooper is gorgeous!! I'm so happy for you, Chris, and Cadence. Congratulations!!

Natalie said...

Disco! I just found your blog! Congrats on the new baby! Isn't motherhood the most amazing thing! We missed you at the Oakcrest reunion! Hope everything is going well for you! Love M&M