Sunday, October 19, 2008

Finally, A Ponytail!

Upon the advice of some friends and family, I tried a few different techniques to help me comb Cadence's hair. She still doesn't want me to comb it, but I do. The difference now is that is it just a little easier to comb through and not as snarly.

For church, Cadence actually let me comb it without making a fuss. I pulled it back in a ponytail and she liked it!!!


Her hair is so long in the back. When it is straighter, it goes down to her mid-shoulder blades.
I bought a book about how to do hairstyles and make bows at a garage sale and she likes to look at it. We keep asking her if she will let us try some of the styles. She says "yes," but doesn't sit still long enough to let me do anything. In fact, I usually put a pony on top of her head on Monday morning and it has to stay until Saturday. In the morning when it is time to do her hair, Cadence will say, "Mom, you can do right here (touching the sides of her head), not here (touching the top of her head)." Hopefully as time goes on, she will let me try more with her cute hair!!!

2 comments:

Amber Bradley said...

If you ever need someone to teach you how to do corn rows, let me know. I learned them in Cosmetology school and would love to teach you if you ever want to know. She is adorable!

Tara Bergsjo said...

She is so beautiful! I hope she lets you experiment with her hair someday, but her hair always looks so pretty.